segunda-feira, novembro 16, 2009

Sounds of the Universe

I was on the wrong page of the wrong book
With the wrong rendition of the wrong look
The wrong moon, every wrong night
With the wrong tune playing till it sounded right

I pray You learn to trust

Have faith in both of us
And keep room in Your heart for two

Try walking in my shoes.

You'll stumble in my footsteps,

Keep the same appointments I kept.

It's just a question of time
It's running out for you
It won't be long until you'll do
Exactly what they want you to

Let me hear you make decisions
Without your television
Let me hear you speaking just for me
Let me see youStripped down to the bone


Sister of night
When the hunger descends
And your body's a fire
An inferno that never ends
An eternal flame
That burns in desire's name


And I thank you for bringing me here
For showing me home
For singing these tears
Finally I've found that I belong here


I'm hanging on your words,
Living on your breath,
Feeling with your skin.
Will I always be here?



Vows are spoken to be broken
Feelings are intense, words are trivial
Pleasures remain, so does the pain
Words are meaningless and forgettable



Now let your mind do the walking
And let my body do the talking
Let me show you the world in my eyes



Things on your chest
You need to confess
I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver
Reach out and touch faith



I'm taking a ride With my best friend
We're flying high
We're watching the world pass us by
Never want to come down
Never want to put my feet back down

Sem comentários: